Now Hiring: Assistant Director of China Programs
The Assistant Director of China Programs is a full time, administrative professional position primarily responsible for the daily management and strategic operations of the Confucius Institute at Colorado State University (CICSU). The position also directly assists the Associate Provost of China Programs in coordinating student recruitment efforts in China and other activities related to CSU’s China Initiatives. This position serves as Associate Director of the Confucius Institute at CSU and reports directly to the Associate Provost for China Programs. It coordinates with a variety of positions within the Office of International Programs (OIP), including the assistant to the Associate Provost, the Director of the Shanghai Office, the China Student Coordinator, the Director of Operations, the Director of International Initiatives and the Communications Manager. This position requires occasional evening or weekend hours for event coordination, as well as a valid Colorado Driver’s License or the ability to obtain a valid Colorado Driver’s License (or alternate means of personal transportation) and the willingness to travel to schools and locations off-campus for regular meetings and events. The successful candidate must demonstrate U.S. employment eligibility; CSU will not provide visa sponsorship for this position.
Programming and Outreach
- Develop, plan and implement cultural and outreach programming and activities.
- Manage all logistical aspects of cultural programming and course schedule, including working with guest speakers, room scheduling, travel arrangements, and publicity.
- Coordinate project communications in order to strengthen the profile of CICSU programs on campus and in the community.
- Work to create CI program events around worldwide water issues to support CICSU’s Water and Environmental Sustainability agenda.
- Develop and maintain K-12 and community engagement activities. This could include travel around the area and the state.
- Schedule and serve on relevant committees in order to formulate program goals and funding plans, plan events and activities, and provide budget updates.
Budget Management and Coordination
- Work with OIP Fiscal officer to draft and submit budget proposals to CI Headquarters in China.
- Maintain accounting for program development, implementation, and budget tracking and reporting.
- Use CSU’s Kuali financial system to ensure the proper payment of all CI obligations through the accepted fiscal rules and regulations of CSU.
Management of China Programs
- Responsible for Chinese partner delegation planning and implementation, and partnership agreements.
- Responsible for ensuring completeness and accuracy of Chinese website and production of other recruitment marketing materials in consultation with the OIP Communications Manager.
- Work with the Director of the Shanghai Office as needed in the student recruitment efforts.
- Assist the Associate Provost with any activities relating to China initiatives as needed, including possible travel to China.
- A Master’s degree in higher education, international affairs, or a related field that is relevant to understanding Chinese language and culture OR a Bachelor’s degree plus 5 years of experience in a field that is relevant to understanding Chinese language and culture.
- Professional experience in cultural program coordination and/or event management.
- Professional experience in managing budgets.
- Evidence of strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Evidence of strong computer skills including MS Word and Excel.
- Evidence of experience working with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in Chinese and English.
Completed applications must be received by Monday, October 26 at 11:59 p.m. (MST). For full consideration, applications must be received by the deadline; however, the candidate pool will be kept open until the position is filled.
The full position description and application instructions are available at http://jobs.colostate.edu/postings/18485
CSU is an EO/EA/AA employer. Colorado State University conducts background checks on all final candidates. Additional information on the background check can be found at http://www.hrs.colostate.edu/background/Policy.pdf.